Monday, February 15, 2010

A Glimpse of Something Fresh.

Photobucket

This is my new blog that will be updated weakly. It will cover things going on in my life, and the things that affect it in any way. I will also try to cover what's going on in music and the running world, because those are my two passions.

So, where do I start? I guess I'll give you an update on this so called "life" so far. I am nearing the end of my second year at Shawnee State University. I am attempting to major in Geology with a goal of attending grad school somewhere out west.

My life right now basically involves a lot of distance running, academics, working at Starbucks, and Music/Social Media. I have a huge passion for running and have been trying to become somewhat decent since I started running in the fifth grade. Another big passion in my life is Music. I have been introduced to so many different genres and artist through concerts and music festivals. I enjoy learning about new artist and winding down to some smooth My Morning Jacket.

Whenever I get a weekend off from school and work I try to get out of town and visit with family. I have three older brothers. Aaron 28 lives in Pittsburgh, Jeremy 26 lives in Dayton, and Derek 24 lives in Tampa. My mom lives a stressful but joyful life in Toledo. In Portsmouth there really is not much to do but go to the movies or hangout at a friends house.

That is all for now. I want to leave every blog with musical lyrics that I enjoy.

-BJW


This is a call of arms to live and love and sleep together.
We could flood the streets with love or light or heat whatever.
Lock the parents out, cut a rug, twist and shout, Wave your hands, Make it rain, For stars will rise again.

The youth is starting to change.
Are you starting to change?
Are you?
Together.

In a couple of years Tides have turned from booze to tears.
And in spite of the weather, We could learn to make it together.

The youth is starting to change.
Are you starting to change?
Are you?
Together.

- MGMT "The Youth"

No comments:

Post a Comment