Sunday, December 5, 2010

Out With The Old In With The New

(2010 Cross Country Goals)

After a short two weeks off from running, things seem very lost to me. It's hard to put things into perspective and find meaning in the things I do on a daily basis. These past couple weeks, I find myself quickly falling off task, always questioning "what" and "why", and not enjoying much at all. I've learned that without structure in my life I tend to loose focus and get off task very easy. 

This past season was the most I've learned in my running career. I don't really wanna talk much about certain races or what times I've ran. Mainly, I'd like to just sit back and try to find the positive aspects. Above you will find a picture of my 2010 Cross Country goal poster board I made at our annual team meating in August. Looking back, I acomplished a lot from that list, and I'm very happy that I got to be apart of such a great group of men. Like I said, I've learned a lot what to do and what not to do. Next year it's going to be a whole different scene with Myself, and Galan Dills being the "Leaders" and are considerd the upper classmen. I'm looking forward to using what I've learned this season and trying some different stuff out as well.

So, the future... Tomorrow is going to be my first day back since the east side thanksgiving turkey trot on November 24th. I'm really excited to put in some really strong base mileage this winter, and I'm going to try and focus on strength and speed. I've started a tough lifting regiment called P90X last Monday with Blake Jones. It's a great way to get in shape and get ready for track season. It has different lifting workouts, Plyometrics, Abs, and even really intense Yoga session. These past two winter/spring seasons have been anything but nice to me. I've dealt with two different injuries both my freshmen and sophmore year, that have left me with nothing more then a couple track races and a few indoor races in the past two years. I'd really like to have a healthy season, and do all the "small things" that come with being a sucessful runner.

Tomorrow is also the first day of finals. I have my Chemistry final at 10am, my Mineralogy final and 6pm, and on Tuesday I'll have my Music Appreciation final at noon. Then Its nothing but running and working till school starts back up in January. I feel like I'm finally over that black cloud of bad training and being completly broken down. I'm back to my normal healthy self, and I'm more excited to train then ever!

-BJW

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you keep the Wednesday trail tradition alive and keep hitting up some soft surfaces. You gotta get up to chilly for a long run sometime.

    ReplyDelete