Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Same Boy You've Always Known

(on our way to Marietta for the first Indoor meet of the year)

I've been adapting to my new surroundings, and settling into the busy and stressful college schedule, but I still feel this weight on my shoulders. Really when I think about it, everything in my life that gives me the most stress is money. I had a plan to quit my job at Starbucks and try to work some hours on campus. Well, it looks like now that I might not be able to do that.

I've applied and pursued a couple of jobs on campus now, and it seems like they're not interested. So, basically rather I like it or not, I'm stuck at Krogers until something else comes up. I've been praying that time comes soon. It don't mind working there, its just all of the fucking politics and shitty people at that store makes me sick. I can honestly say I've met the most disrespectful, rude people of my life there and it makes me hate every inch of that place. Like I was said, its seems like every problem that comes into my life is money related. So, I've been trying to look into ways to, not necessarily change the outside part of society, but instead change me. I probably have the worst financial education, and being brought up in a poor family, not being taught how to manage any of my problems, has caused these past couple years to be more stressful then I wanted.

I know all of this minimalist stuff can be really "gimmicky" and people tend to act like they're all about it, turn around, and pretend they're better then people. Well, I don't wanna be like that at all. I have been reading a lot about what your "needs", and your "wants" are, and I really wanna make a conscience effort to be more self sufficient and also take time to enjoy the smaller things.

Well that's enough of the debbie downer talk... In times where I can be stressed about something it seems like I can always fall back into my running, and as of lately that part of my life has been going great! We have such a good group of guys on the team. Having class all day can be a drag, but when 4 o'clock comes I know I can always fall back and have a good time with the team.


"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself"

 -BJW 




1 comment:

  1. yay for being honest. this is my favorite blog of yours, ever!

    ReplyDelete