Friday, August 8, 2014

Falling In Love With The Grind

"If you desire long term success, fall in love with the grind
and the process of your passion -- not the end result"
- Josh Cox
 


 
After what seemed to be an eternity, I am back healthy, and hungry and training full time with my team after spending a majority of my first couple months in Greenville dealing with an injury. Many hours were spent in the pool aqua jogging and working out, attempting to hold onto any gained fitness I had, and now that my hip is 100% pain free, I can finally start to enjoy the day-to-day process of training again! Thanks to Brad and the staff at Performance Therapy, and my coaches, Mike and Laura Caldwell, the slow painstaking process of easing back into things is finally behind me, and I can look forward to the fall season!
 
The big focus for GTC Elite this fall will be put on the 2014 USATF Club Cross-Country Championships December 13th, in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.  The race will host some of the very best runners and clubs in the United States, going after each other for ten-thousand meters in hopes of making the USA team for the World Cross Country Championships which will be held in Guiyang, China in 2015.
 
As I'm getting back into the routine of things here in Greenville, I am very focused and determined on the future and the task ahead. I have never ran a 10k Cross-Country race before, and to be with the very best doing so for the first time every this December is going to take a lot of hard work and effort to get there. You've got to appreciate the painstaking task of training full-time. With every ache and pain, is just another muscle or cell getting acclimated to the stress. After acclimation, follows adaption, and with adaption becomes results. Fall in love with the grind, and embrace the task, and results will come.
 
- BJW

No comments:

Post a Comment