Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Building Roots



The Adult life is in full swing in southeast Ohio. Tucked in collard shirts, wrinkle free dress pants, and squeaky leather shoes have become my everyday norm. My title, Kitchen supervisor at Morrison Healthcare, has become a big part of who I am now. I am beyond lucky to have been offered this career, and I finally feel like everything about my life in Athens, Ohio has become complete.

After taking off more time than I could fathom for my injury to my knee, I have once again became a hobby jogger, slowly building my mileage after my work day is over. My routine is coming together nicely, and the opportunity to trash my body everyday in hopes of moving my legs fast over an extended period of time has become available and I don't plan to waste it.

There is something about healthy routines that make things in life more enjoyable and more rewarding. I guess you could say that's part of growing up and becoming mature. The tricky part about life is finding the balance. Finding a routine that both is both efficiently productive, and mentally rewarding. This past year has been a roller coaster ride for me. I struggled to find the balance in my life, and it has ruined a lot of things. But, at the same time I refused to settle for a life where there was limitations to life and I was no where close to true happiness.

It has taken me a lot of time to realize that the balance in life is not necessarily where you work, or the stability of your everyday routines, but more of how you simply stop and appreciate the minutes. You must take advantage of that simplicity of time. True happiness comes within, and no matter how hard you work, you will never appreciate life if you settle down and accept these limitations.

Here is to the balance of my everyday real routines of true happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment