Sunday, April 11, 2010

Back on my Feet

This past Saturday I rode out with the team to Miami (Ohio) for a track meet. We got there around noon just in time to watch the men's steeple. Brett Wager, A former High School teammate of mine at St. John's, placed 6th with a time of 9:53. Very exciting to watch and I really wish I could jump in a steeple, but I'm gonna have to wait until next spring when I am in shape enough to do something.

Some other good races to note are Chuck Wentz with a 4:01 in the 15, Eric Holbrook with a 2:02 in the 8, finally Corey Culbertson 15:14 and Eric Putnam 14:51 in the 5. Very exciting to watch the five thousand meters unravel with the lemons taking it out in a 4:27 and run away with a win with a 14:26. Watching these guys race has really given me an itch to really get back on the track and start pounding away.

I managed to rack up a total of 13.5 miles of trail running at Miami yesterday. Ran 6 with Brett and the rest with people cooling down. Gave me a total amount of 58 miles which means I get to take today off. I felt extremely well running yesterday and FINALLY I can say my hip was 100% with no Pain. Very exciting and a huge relief. Next week I'm looking at 63 ish and I might need to re think my summer milage/training. I am starting to get that itch for milage.

As the season comes to an end, Eric told me he would like to see me run the five thousand at EKU next weekend. I am a little hesitant because I haven't been running the best workouts lately, but This will probably be my only outdoor track race till next year so what the hell.

-BJW

No comments:

Post a Comment