Thursday, October 4, 2012

Autumn Days

Today marks the second week of my long train to sucess. As the leaves in the area are falling, I've been flocking to the trails welcoming in the fall breeze with a long powerful stride. This is my favorite time of the year, and I'm loving every step of my running. My runs are coming very easy and enjoyable to me and I know it's going to stay that way.

I have recently started working as a package handler for Fedex Ground in Toledo. It is not easy money by any means. The job itself evolves a lot of heavy lifting, and coordinated fast loading of boxes into a trailer. It has been difficult incorporating this into my routine. I have been struggling a bit in my academics and not getting in the weight room much this week. My job has left me tired throughout much of the day and my laziness has been getting the best of me. I have just now started to get into the swing of things, and I'm finding a routine that I feel comfortable in taking on everything.

Today I met with my new coach at Starbucks to for our first meeting. We discussed my short term and long term goals, current and future training, and everything in between. I feel very confident that he has the knowledge and drive to push me to new limits and mold me into a very respectable mid-west distance runner. I am extremely excited about what the future holds and my willingness and motivation have been at an all time high. I feel like I am finally getting comfortable in Toledo, and have a good plan laid out. Now I just have to juggle everything and hope something good comes out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment