Monday, March 15, 2010

Back on Track

Spring break has come and gown and that means there is six more weeks left of school. Over spring break I had some time to think about some of my goals for the year. Last week so my first real week back to running in 41 days. That is probably the most days I have taken off for an injury since my freshmen year of High School.

My hip is not 100%, but it's getting there. It takes about seven to ten minutes to get it loosened up during a run. Hopefully with some time in the trainers this week I'll see some improvement in that. I ran 20.4 miles total last week but struggled a lot aerobically. It's gonna take probably a month or so till I start feeling semi "In shape".

On another note, as I said before Spring break gave me a lot of free time. In that free time I had a chance to write down my 2010 goals. I will list them in order.

- Get Back Into Shape
- Lift and workout 2-3 times a week
- Do a full 90 day session of "modified" p90x in the summer
- CONSISTENCY CONSISTENCY CONSISTENCY
- 70 milers a week 8-10 weeks before camp
- Brake out year in Cross
- Make Varsity
- Make Nationals team
- Eat healthy
- Good grades these last 6 weeks and in summer classes
- Live by the clock
- Drink black coffee
- Become more minimalist "The things you own end up owning you".
- Ride bike a lot in the summer
- Be more money conscience
- 25:45 8k Cross Country
- Form Drills
- Hills
- Healthy lifestyle
- Sleep schedule
- Stretching routine
- Build strength in legs and ankle dexterity

Basically all these goals can be broken up into two different category's: Running and Academics. I am more excited about training than ever before. Those 41 days off has shown me how much this sport means to me, and how I want to do everything I can to succeed. I am looking forward to these next five months or so of just pure training and getting into the shape. Hopefully there will be no more road blocks, because I'm ready to kill it!

-BJW

Gogol bordello - Ultimate ( live on Henry Rollins)

No comments:

Post a Comment