Sunday, March 21, 2010

One More Cup of Coffee For The Road

No real importance or special event to blog about, just going to update you on some things. First lets talk music. On friday MGMT's new album "Congratulations" (that is set to be released on April 12th) leaked on the web sometime in the afternoon. I quickly jumped on the opportunity to listen to the album a month early. As anticipated, it is very 70's surfy psychedelic sounding. It is growing on me and will definitley be a great cd to listen to all summer. Also, friday The Black Keys released their first single titled "Tighten up". It has the classic Black Keys feel but more catchy in the beginning with some whistles and maracas. Still very good and can't wait for the album release "Brothers" in May. Finally, The Dead Weather released their "album art" and details of their new cd titled "Sea of Cowards" that is set to come out in May.
The Dead Weather - Sea of Cowards

In other news, the distance guys had a great weekend down in North Carolina. With great weather and close to perfect conditions everyone ran out of their ass. Some big PR's were droppd and to be honest it was kinda a kick in the balls. I haven't been able to train 100% for a track season since my senior year of high school and it's extremely frustrated. With small baby steps I've been trying to get there. I ran 20.4 miles last week and 30 miles this week. I will probably go up by 5 miles every week. To be honest I would love to be able to start running 70 miles and keep that up with hopefully no pain. I kinda don't want to race any on the track becasuse my hip is still no where close to 100% and I am in no shape to race. Eric will probably make me jump in a 5k near the end of the track season.

These next four days will be the last in my apartment. I spent all weekend packing and getting ready for the big move. My mom and brother are coming down thursday to help with the move. I have been making decisions that I'm not very excited about. I threw away most of my Steve Prefontaine posters and some big Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and Jim Morrison posters. Also I'v been giving away most of my furniture and a lot of clothes because there is not much room in the house. I am starting to realize what is important to me and making that step towards "minimalist".

Well thats all I have for now.

-BJW

MGMT - I Found a Whistle (one of my favorites off their new album)





No comments:

Post a Comment